All in all, the trip was great. The biggest concern was the wildchild. She came home Friday and she was sick. She had a fever and everything. We were due to leave on our trip early Saturday morning. We told her that we could postpone the trip for a weekend, but she didn't even want to consider it. She was bringing a friend along and she wanted to go very badly. So, I gave her some theraflu and her fever went down. She pronounced herself well....so off we went.
The first thing we did when we got to L.A. is go to a place called Griffith Park. The L.A. zoo is located in this park. This park is MILES long. Bossman grew up in this area and he remembered that there was a little train that ran through the park and he wanted to go see it.
We found the train:

It wasn't as much of a big deal as Bossman thought. You know how things look bigger when your a kid? Well, I think that's what happened. But it was still fun!
After the train, we headed to the California Science center. Very nice museum with lots of hands on things for kids. We saw this:

And then the little man did this:

And then........
Then the wildchild fainted!
So, the wildchild was putting on a pretty good act of being well. But I could tell in her eyes that she was still fighting off whatever she had. It was about 2:00 in the afternoon, and we were at this exhibit standing in a line. We were waiting to go into a room and experience an earthquake. (Don't ask me why, as I've already experienced enough of those, thank-you-very-much!)
While we were in line, it was getting really HOT and stuffy. The little man started to get really cranky, so I pulled him out of line and fanned him down a bit as I could tell he was getting sweaty. After about a 10 minute wait, we got to go into the room. Now it was not a very big room and we were all suppose to stand on this metal floor. We were all crowded in there, and a video started. Now the wildchild and her friend were standing in front of me and we were all in the back of the crowd, except for the little man that made it to the front. Suddenly the wildchild turned and next thing I know, she's on the floor. I thought she tripped. Bossman picked her up and quickly ushered her out. I don't think everyone in the room knew what was going on as it was dark in there and it happened very quickly.
She was fine once we got out of the room. We got some water into her and she said she was feeling much better. I think the combination of heat, lack of food (we hadn't eaten lunch yet) and the medicine was the cause. In any case, it was quite exciting!
After that little incident, we headed down for some food. After the food, the wildchild and her friend and I went to the car, while Bossman and the little man went to look at a few more things.
Next on the agenda was getting to Long Beach. Long Beach is about 30 minutes away from L.A. Bossman has an Aunt that lives there, so we got a hotel in Long Beach and then the plan was to head to the Aunts house for dinner.
We got to the hotel around 4. That was nice because we were able to rest and relax before heading to dinner. The little man and Bossman and I headed to the hot tub and the girls stayed in their room and rested. The rest of the evening was GREAT!
The next morning we all slept in. I could tell the wildchild was still feeling sick, but she took advil and that seemed to help. We made sure she didn't get too hot and that she ate! After breakfast we headed to Hollywood! First we stopped on Rodeo Drive. Ooo la la, fancy, fancy, fancy!
I don't know why, but when I saw this....

I thought of all of YOU!
And when I saw this....

I realized I wanted to win the lotto!
After hanging out with the rich and famous, we headed to the Hollywood walk of fame. For those of you that may not know, this is about 3 miles of sidewalk, with famous stars. Like these....

We ended up at the Kodak Theater. If you don't know what the Kodak Theater is, just watch the Oscars this Sunday. That is where they are being held. Right across the street from the Kodak theater is this.....

While there, we saw crazy things, like these......
In case you can't tell, this guy has a house on his head...And, see those bleachers? They are for the Oscars!
Look how crowded it is at the Graumans Chinese theater....
Here it is guys, the first picture of ME!!! Guess which one I am. Am I everything you thought I would be?? I'm trying to look for footprints and handprints. I did manage to find this guys prints....
We then took a little tour of the Wax Museum. Look at who we saw there....




After we saw them, we got invited to dinner with them.....

Then we headed back to the wild west and Bonanza......

Of course, then I headed down to see the gang from M*A*S*H....

After the wax museum, it was time to head home.
The wildchild was still sick, but I took her to the doc yesterday and he said she was fine. Thank goodness!
Unfortunately, there were no spankings to be had on this vacation. But, why do I suddenly have a fascination with belts? I've been checking out the belts that men are wearing and trying to decided if that would be a good belt to get spanked with! Do you SEE what you all have done to me? I've become obsessed!
Anyway, I sure hope you all had a great time while I was away. Has anyone seen PK? I'm hoping she's cooled down some and she isn't REALLY pissed anymore!
It looks like you had a great weekend. Being a tourist is always fun. I've walked along the Canadian version of that sidewalk, full of stars for our famous Canadian entertainers.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I tend to check out belts too. Funny, isn't it? Wide, soft, maybe a few studs for added weight... Sorry, getting carried away again.
Hugs,
Hermione
Grace,
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about me - I am totally over it. Not mad in the least! Nope, not me.
Your vacation sounds wonderful and your daughter sounds like a trooper! She could have turned the trip inot a huge ordeal. I am glad she is on the mend.
The pictures are great. Do you guys ever go to Disneyland. I went once as a kid but now we head to Florida instead.
Now remember I am not mad any moe. And I am NOT planning to get back at you and Eva in ANY way. Trust me!!
PK
Grace, It looks like a great time all of you had. Glad the wild child is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHow come I don't believe Catwoman about not being mad? She sounds sneaky to me.
*hugs and grins*
Grace, sounds like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteGood that the Wildchild was such a trooper
Nice pics, I don't see Hawkeye in the *M*A*S*H* line-up.
I should watch your back, PK may not be the evil twin, but she is devious. LOL
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Hi! I am glad the wildchild is feeling better and that you were still able to enjoy your vacation. I do understand about the needing a vacation after the vacation just to catch up and rest. Take care, Terpsichore :-)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a BUSY trip!!!! I can see why you need a vacation now, one that involves you over Bossman's knee with a belt in his hand! But only in fun!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the Wildchild... my daughter fainted on me going down the elevator in the tower in Munich, Germany... talk about scared!!!! I couldn't speak a word of German (SHE was our translator)... for her, it was much the same... combo of cramped space, lack of food, oppressive heat and, in her case, heights. She was fine afterward, too, but it sure scared me to death!
Will wait impatiently to hear about the belt... by the way, I prefer the wider belts... less whippy, more thud!
Big hugs,
Tiggs
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a fun trip and thanks for all the pics. Made me a bit homesick -- used to live out in the greater LA area. Especially in the cold of winter I miss the beach, the sun and the mountains in the distance.
Glad that the wildchild is ok -- nothing more worrisome than a sick child.
Belts -- what is it about them? The few times I've gotten DH to wield one, I've liked it, but he doesn't do it without a push. sigh
Robin