I don't really know how to break it to all of you but, well, you see....
Well, I'm not sure how to put this without making you all lose respect for me. This is really really hard to admit. I have to admit it now, for you all will find out after next weekend anyway.
Ok *deep breath* I'm just going to have to come right out and say it.
Are you ready for this?
Just don't hate me when you find out. I promise, I never meant to lead you on. Honest, I didn't!
Ok, here it goes.
Bossman and I....well...you see...it's like this....it's just that I, well, we, uh, what I'm trying to say is...
I've never been to a "toy" store.
It's true! I'm nervous about this.
You don't know me as well as you think you do. I'm, well, how should I put this? I'm not good when I'm not in my comfort zone.
Example: Just the other day, Bossman took me out for Japanese food. Now, most of you probably don't think this is a big deal...right?
Well, here's the problem. I've never been to this kind of restaurant. So I was extremely nervous about going somewhere new. I don't like new places, with lots of things on the menu that I don't know. I wasn't a happy camper when we walked in, and they say something in Japanese really loud so that everyone looks at you. THEN they bring you green peas in a pod....uh? What the heck do you do with those? And then they don't give you a fork...I had to be stupid and ask for one. Then there was some sort of soup...I guess I was suppose to drink it, but it smelled weird, so I didn't do that. I did manage to order some chicken thing, which was good...I'll admit. And all in all, it was a nice experience, AFTER I got over my trepidation...
Let me get back to the point. Adult stores? Not really in my comfort zone.
So, now the girls, they are all for going to this type of store. I asked Bossman what HE thought of this idea. HE'S all for it. GREAT! No support from him on this.
I'd ask you all for your opinion, but I already know what you're going to say. AND, I don't want to hear from the peanut gallery. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)
I will say this. I'm willing to break out of my comfort zone. I'm NOT a prude. I WANT to be one of those people that are willing to try anything.
Listen, I'm meeting people from the internet! That has GOT to score me some points in the "doing something crazy" department...right?
~sigh~
Ok, I'm sure that I will go to the store. I'm really the type of person that follows the crowd. So, if the crowd is going, I'm going. I may wear a mask of some kind. I'm sure that will not make me stick out at all. They do say that you are safer in packs, so I'm sure I'll be fine....
RIGHT?
~sigh~
If you're looking for some fun, the girls are throwing MTHC a party, so come HERE and join the fun!
I remember the first time Mthc and I went to our toy store. Looking around to see nobody noticed when we went in. Then looking around again when we left with a bag full of toys. Trust me you will have a great time.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Just hold your head up high and smile! Look at the other people before they look at you - it tends to intimidate them into minding their own business. LOL! Just have fun.
ReplyDeleteGrace-Just remember, you're going to be with a group of wild and crazy gals! That will make your first toy shopping trip much easier. (Remember PK,Eva,CC,she's a virgin so go easy on her and don't embarrass her too badly;)
ReplyDeleteGrace, I know you can do it! It is hard, at first. I always feel more comfortable on my second (or third, or fourth, or...) visit. New places scare me.
ReplyDeleteAnd as fanny said, you'll be in a group of girls who know their way around those places. You'll have a great time!
Hugs,
Hermione
Out of your comfort zone - I am flying to freaking CA! Now THAT is out of the comfort zone for a small town southern girl!!
ReplyDeleteBut don't you worry! We will make it easy for you. You want a mask? I'll go in first and buy one of those leather hoods for you. Then maybe we can get Jim to tie you us so Bossman can lead you in and it will look like it wasn't really your idea. There, now don't you feel more comfortable!?
Your buddy,
PK
Grace, you are and will be in good hands,
ReplyDeletePK's idea is a good one, how about if Bossman dressed you as a pony-girl, no one would recognise you, and you could win a prize.
Seriously, you will be fine.
Enjoy the party.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Grace~ Truth be known, the first time we went in one of those places was to buy a vibe... JUST one. I hung my head, grabbed one, paid for it and left. The problem was cuz we didn't look around much I hated the darn thing. Next time we forced ourselves to slow down and look. Now it's like walking into a touristy gift shop. We just look around. Trust me, you'll be fine with all of us. You'll be laughing your butt off before you know it. It will be okay. Trust us. And believe me, you'll thank us later!!
ReplyDeleteGirls~ This has now become a mission!!!!
Hugs~
Eva
The first time I went into an adult store, I was a) by myself and b) wearing a dress with no panties (MoJo's challenge). Instead of acting like I was doing something wrong, I decided to ask for some help from one of the staff. A nice, young lady lead me to one of the best vibes I ever had.
ReplyDeletebtw- I was 47 at the time. So, if I could (without underpanties) then you can too... and yes, you can keep your panties on... if you insist.
*hugs*
C.c
ps~ I'm sure that Jim would be game if we need to put PK's plan into action.
Grace, here's a tip. Usually the staff will let you browse a little, then come over and ask if you need help. That's your cue to start giggling madly and to act very embarrassed - NOT!!
ReplyDeleteI once saw a woman who was approached in that way do exactly that. She was holding a feather thingy in her hand and was soooo embarrassed. A newbie, for sure.
Last time I got asked if I needed help, I said yes, I was looking for implements. I was told, "The vibrators are over there." Guess she didn't know spanko lingo. I found them anyhow.
Hugs,
Hermione
I was 47 before i went into a sex shop..Nobody paid any attention to us. The first time a woman was the cashier. It's actually ok. Go for it. It's probably more fun in groups..
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteI'll have to remind PK that you wish to keep a low profile. Maybe I can keep her from shouting across the store "hey Grace, come try this out".
Nick
Grace, it will be so much better with a crowd and this particular crowd ought to be a hoot! I can only imagine the kind of fun things that can happen in such a store.
ReplyDeleteYou will have fun, trust me! :)
Next thing you know you'll be sending the kids out for the night and having a coed sex toy party! hehehe I can tell you that that is one heck of a riot. Mixed company and all that!
You'll have fun. Like CC said, you can keep your panties on (just not in a wad!)
Debbie :)
Everyone, I appreciate your comments! I'm sure I will have a good time, as I said, I go with the pack.
ReplyDeleteI would like to give a special thanks to Pk's Nick! I know you will try your hardest to keep PK in line. I know this is a difficult feat, at best. I would be happy to recommend some implements that would be useful in the quest to keep her in line!
HUGS to you all! Don't worry, I'll be telling you all how it went and what was bought! Remember, the truth is the only thing you'll here on THIS blog!
*points to my very shiny halo*
grace
*g* Honey, it's not only PK you have to worry about.
ReplyDeleteYeah you better keep an eye on C.c too... not to mention all these men!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm on your side though, Grace. I got your back! Don't worry about a thing.
LOL
Hugs~
Eva
yeah, C.C. I was kinda afraid of that!
ReplyDeleteLike I'm going to trust YOU, Eva....HA!
Nick is my only hope! I can only hope that Adam will help me with this also!
HUGS!
grace
Grace,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the confidence, however I can only try. If PK sees any implements she is "curious" about she could possibly get a bit bratty and take her chances with the consequences.
Nick
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI will keep Eva in line too! However I will probably be looking for that right item to call the LA, you see I name them after the city or states we but them in. We will protect you. Maybe Nick and I will take bossman for a walk thru the store and give him some tips. You see I always help Nick out by providing him with something new for PKs benefit. Who knows maybe I will do the same for bossman.
Nick and Adam, as much as I'm appreciating the help, it seems to be backfiring on me!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I will just stick with a mask!
Or better yet...maybe I'll just wait in the car!
Can't wait to meet you guys!
HUGS!
grace
Surrrrreeee... we'll let ya wait in the car.... yup... sure.
ReplyDeleteNOT!!!!!!!
I really have nothing else to add but I was here and I liked the word verification - abootPK is someone trying to tell me something?
ReplyDeleteI don't see why sitting in the car is such a problem.
ReplyDeleteI'm a respectable, upstanding citizen and I don't like to go into questionable places.
UNLIKE you guys! I'm an innocent. (or is that prude?)
HUGS!
grace
Unless we find a drive-thru toy store, there's no way you're sitting in the car!!!
ReplyDeleteHey, that could be fun, a drive-thru toy store. Imagine yelling what you want to the little box after viewing the menu selections.
"Um, yeah, I'd like one golden flogger, the vibe special and the super-duper lube pack. Oh yeah, and can I have a double order of plugs, one pink, one blue and yeah, a good girl paddle in black."
"No, I don't want a bustier with that, thanks!"
Make sure you check the bag at the window to be certain the order is correct!
Yep, that's the only way you'll get to wait in the car.
*hugs*
C.c
LOL, and can I have that order SUPER SIZED?
ReplyDeleteLOL
Ok, no staying in the car.
it is always good to get out of your comfort zone once and a while...easy for me to say since I have never been in a toy shop either. :-) I am sure you will have fun!
ReplyDelete