Gratitude Tuesday is here again! YAY!
Last Tuesday was a whopper for me. The wildchild really knows how to make my life exciting! I'm hoping this Tuesday will be a little more calmer.
I know today is the C day...but can I just say how grateful I am for my new washer and dryer? Holy Dryer Batman, these things are amazing! This is the first time I've ever purchased a brand new matching set. This is also the first time that my washer takes longer to wash then the dryer takes to dry. So far, that's the only thing I don't like. Why the heck does it take 55 minutes to wash a load? Although, one load is twice as big as my other, so I guess it all evens out!
Ok, enough about laundry! Let's get on to the C's!
Ceeci is such a wonderful friend and I am grateful that we met!
Coconut cake from Pepperridge farms! If you haven't indulged in one of these, go look in your freezer section and get one! They are delicous...and Sven will NOT be happy that I indulged this weekend!
My cat is named Kittles and we really love her. Our family wouldn't be complete without our feline friend.
Cable Tv! Don't hate me because I love watching TV! I know, I shouldn't watch so much TV, but I LOVE it. My favorite shows include Survivor, Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Greys anatomy, Private Practice and of course, I LOVE watching the Ellen show.
California is a great place to live. The other day we were having some rain. I had to laugh when the news reported that the temperture was going to be 46, with a windchill down to 43! When you say windchill around here, people look at you like you are crazy! When I heard the windchill would be 43, I had to call Eva....I mean really...I knew she'd be worried about us. Actually, I don't think she was amused by my call.....LOL
Cellphone are such wonderful inventions. I remember when the cell phones were as big as bricks. Bossman had one of the first ones and I remember that you only got 30 minutes a month and then it cost a FORTUNE if you went over. When we would drive down the road, I would PRETEND to call someone, so people in the other cars would look at me. (I KNOW, I was such a dork.) My daughter finds this story very amusing!
Speaking of my daughter, I am very grateful for my children! Lord knows, they try my patiences, but I can't imagine life without them. They are such great people! They are funny, smart, loveable. They are also annoying, stinky (my son) and picky. Good thing I love them!
Clitoris, it wouldn't be much fun to be a girl without one of these...am I right, Ladies?
Well, I think this is the list for today. I'm sure I've forgotten some C's, but these are the ones I'm most grateful for this week.
As for the wildchild, I got a look at the ear on Saturday. One of our family members said it looks like someone took an icecream scooper and scooped some of her ear out. She thinks she looks like an elf. My brother said it could have been worse, she could have had a head transplant, to which we all laughed like mad and thought how funny/not funny, it would be if you woke up from surgery and you had someone elses head on. What if you woke up and you were Korean? Or Chinese? Sure, it's ok if that's your nationality, but if your white folk like us....
Well, I guess you would have had to be there......
Anyway, have a great Tuesday and for goodness sakes...be grateful already!
Boy when I leave some things off my list I go all the way! Cell phones are high on my list but I left off CeeCi and children - truly some of my greatest loves!!
ReplyDeleteCan I come over and try your new toys? Not that I am a laundry person but it might be fun!
The Wildchild will now have a story to tell her kids and grandkids - not that they will listen...
Big hugs!
PK
I'm grateful that I got to meet you too!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm having a bad case of envy. Your washer and dryer sound amazing. If doing twice the amount of laundry in one load takes less time than doing two, then I'd think 55 minutes wasn't bad at all.
Wow, a windchill factor of 43°, how did you stand it? Do you even own a coat? Good one calling Eva!!
hahahaha, new head!! It's good to read that WildChild is getting better.
*hugs*
CeeCi
We got a new washer (alas! We could not do the matching washer/dryer because we bought a dryer only a few years before our ancient washer gave out, waaahh) a few years ago and I noticed the same thing! It takes much longer than our old one. Does that mean cleaner?
ReplyDeleteWe watch Survivor and Amazing Race too. Oh and 30 Rock just kills me flat, heh. It's one of the few sitcoms I can watch. No laugh track; cannot stand laugh tracks, they drive me nuts. (Okay, the deaf guy on Amazing Race is driving us nuts, maybe he'll grow on us but he keeps signing "who would think a deaf person could do so well?" and honestly, who would think they *couldn't* do well? He's DEAF, he's not incapable! He's athletic and bright and why wouldn't he do well? Especially with his hearing mom right there helping if something needs to be heard. Man, he bugs me; I hope he chills out. Can't stand the blond flight attendant, either. And they're NOT that pretty, either, sorry! What is with certain women who think they're just knockouts when they are not? Bad skin, weird features...ew. Okay, catty comments about AR off, heheh)
CA: Yesterday the sun was out for a bit, then it rained as hard as I've ever seen it rain, then it stopped, then it hailed so much while we were at a Mex restaurant, when we came out hail was still all over the ground and yes, we were actually sliding around as we walked to our car. We joked that drivers going home would be absolutely insane. But it was no joke; they WERE, ahahaha! :)
Cellphones; because I was a sales rep on the road, I had one of the first cell phones too. Made a lot of money over that phone while driving. You make me laugh because I remember how it was a status symbol back then, I used to get poisoned looks from people when I used mine even though I was using it for work.
Fun list, Grace, thanks! :)
Hi, Grace, managed to add your blog to my follow list tonight, I am getting better at navigating this computer thingy, bit more practise and I will be ready for my first tardis. Good list, think I missed off cats! yet I love em! xxxx
ReplyDeleteGlad the new set of otys are working out so nice!!!
ReplyDeleteC is for:
Candy - especially chocoalte candy
cellphones -
Children- love all of them
cats -
coconut anything coconut is good(especially this cakes mmmm)
cocoa
I'd add cookies, but I am in enough trouble because of them/but I still like to make them
Daisy..I've been doing this blogger thing for 5 years....I still don't know anything...LOL
ReplyDeleteJean, Thanks for your list. You are woman after my own heart...candy, cookies and coconut cake! YUM!
PK, laundry is fun right now, but unfortunately they don't fold or put away! When they get machines that do that...I'll be first in line to buy them!
Ceeci, thanks for stopping by! You are one of my favorite C's, so I couldn't leave you off my list! The head transplant comment was pretty funny! The wildchild is lamenting that she can never be an ear model now....sheez!
Amber, thanks for reminding me that my favorite shows came on and I MISSED THEM! Stupid DVR! At least now I have a heads up on what to look for when I watch! I can't wait!
HUGS Everyone!
grace
I am grateful for many C things...today I am very grateful for my children :-) I am glad to hear your daughter is feeling a bit better
ReplyDeleteHey Grace
ReplyDeleteGreat list....how did you get coconut cake on your list before, cause I know this is the second time I've seen it and you know i LOVE that cake.
I was gonna add clitoris to my list, but mine is a picture list and.....well uhhh I just couldn't find the right picture.
I am so thrilled that you have a new matched washer and dryer set. I have never had a matched set one has always been years older than the other.
I am also glad to know that your WildChild is feelng much better, that's fantastic.
Take care
AG
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteI do love your list and Gratitude Tuesday is a lovely idea haven't got round to doing one yet but I'll get there.
I'd forgotten all about those phones, wished I kept one to show our son.
I had to buy a coconut cake when you mentioned it last time, it was lovely not sure If it's as good as the ones you get your side of the pond.
Very happy to hear wildchild is feeling better. Thats great news.
Thanks Grace.
Ronnie
xx
a new washer and dryer...that is such great news! i am moving to a new apartment in a week and a half and going from stackables to a full size washer and dryer, i am VERY excited! isn't it fun how things like this can make life easier and just cause a smile to cross our face? thank you for sharing your gratitude. i really enjoy reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteThe wildchild is lamenting that she can never be an ear model now
ReplyDeleteLike George Constanza and his hand-modeling career; ruined. ;)