If you have been a long time reader of my blog, (which makes about 3 of you...LOL) then you know that I'm not a big fan of Valentines day.
I don't understand why we have to set aside a day to show we love someone. We should be doing that everyday. I hate that the stores put up V-day stuff the day after Christmas. I also hate that I went to wally-world the other day and they already had Easter stuff. Ummm, hello wal-mart? yes, I'd just like to inform you that Easter isn't until APRIL! Sheez!
Anyway....
You all know what a crappy week last week was. I didn't have much time to think about V-day and frankly it was the furthest thing from my mind.
Usually, we don't do much for each other on this day. Most years we have been poor as church mice, so we've gotten used to not doing much for each other. Things are looking up financially, but that doesn't mean I have gotten used to it. Honestly, I hate thinking about buying things for Bossman. I don't have much of an imagination and he has just about everything he could want, so buying for him isn't much fun.
Friday, Bossman said he had gotten me something for V-day.
Oh great! This means I better go out and get him something. But....Friday was so hectic! I had to take the wildchild to the doctor, I had to buy a washer and dryer. I had to buy FOOD. I had a thousand things to do. How the heck was I going to find time to buy him something, let alone decided WHAT to buy him.
Luckily, I had to take the wildchild back to the doc on Saturday morning. Bossman didn't come with us. Perfect for running to wallyworld to buy valentines. Would you believe the place was PACKED at 9:45 in the morning? Yeah, apparently I'm not the only one that waited until the last minute.
Fortunately, I figured out what to buy my lover. Always a Nascar fan, and a collector of die-cast Nascars, that's what I bought him. Two of his favorite drivers, with the new car bodies. I also bought the kids a little valentine too.
When we all got home, I fixed us a nice lunch. Around 12:30, the doorbell rang.
Who could it be?
Singing telegram! For me.
Embarrassing, yes. But it was also sweet. It was 3 older gentleman and a lady. They were dressed in red and white stripped vests with a white shirt under and black pants. Barber shop quartet.
They sang me two songs. It was very sweet. And they sounded good. Then they handed me a rose and headed out the door to their next stop.
So, in the midst of all the chaos, I have one lovely memory of four strangers singing me a love song....
And I loved it!
I know V-day is over, but here's the song they sang to me that day. I dedicate it to all of you but mostly I dedicate it to Bossman.
I love you baby!
V-day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a lovely and imaginative thing to do!!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine that's going to be a cherished snapshot for the memory photo album.
love and hugs xxx
That's so sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteHubby and I don't get into the commercialism, either. We usually just share some time together or send each other sappy emails. We were both going to do naughty coupon books, but time got away from us. I'm planning on using the cute little heart stickers and stuff to make little love notes to tuck into his briefcase throughout the year. No need to confine the love to one over commercialized day. :)
How very sweet!
ReplyDeleteMy ex got me a singing telegram for my 30th. But it was a joke song all about these embarrassing "facts" about me that were not true. I was mortified! But everyone laughed and eventually I did too, heh.
I like yours much better. :)
Aw, what a sweet thing to do for you. That made it a special day, I am sure.
ReplyDeleteI had fun doing it. Since we never seem to do anything I wanted to make a memory for you. I'm so glad you liked it. After 20 years I still love you more than ever.
ReplyDeleteso sweet...and by the way my husband is a big Nascar fan too :-)
ReplyDelete