In case you were wondering…

The wildchild can’t catch a break.  She now has fluid in her ear.  The same ear that was infected.  They are saying that it is not from the original  infection, this is something she just got.  Not that it makes it better for her….but whatever.

Also, when I originally took her to the ER and they sent us home, telling us to use hot compresses….well a friend looked at our file and the hospital claims we refused treatment.  I can’t tell you how infuriating this is.  We followed exactly what the doctor told us to do.  Now, AFTER he told us to use hot compresses, THEN he JOKINGLY said, “I could poke it with a needle.”  He didn’t say that it needed to be done and he said that he would do the compresses first…..

So?  What would you do?  Poke it with a needle or use hot compresses?

I’m so mad!  Seriously, We are going to ask a lawyer if we have a law suit.  We aren’t the suing type…we’ve NEVER sued someone, but…..

How can they say we refused treatment?  The doc that did the surgery was VERY surprised that they didn’t take care of it at the ER.  He said she should have been admitted.  48 hours passed before she got proper treatment.  Could the damage to her ear been less, if they had taken care of it sooner?  I don’t know….but I do know that I am MAD!

Finally, the words I posted yesterday?  Well, I wanted to make a post about our morning but I neither had the time nor the imagination to write it down.  At first, I just wrote the words and planned on coming back later to write the story, but in the end, the words just told the story perfectly.  Plus, you all got to use your imagination. 

I hope none of you strained your brain!

So, now you know!

5 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to know what the lawyer has to say....I can understand why you'd be feeling mad.

    Didn't get a chance to comment on yesterday's posting, but oooh yeah, sure stirred the imagination.

    Hope wildchild recovers soon lovely one....pain of any sort involving ears is nasty.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the doctor! Obviously he wasn't kidding about puncturing the ear but if he were serious, why not make that clear?

    And since I have had so much ear trouble myself lately, my heart goes out to your daughter. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace:
    I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is still struggling with her ear. Some doctors can be VERY poor communicators, and they write their notes to cover their behinds (or asses which in this case is what he seems to be acting like). Sometimes just having a lawyer take a look at your case may bring a different perspective, that might be helpful for you and your daughter. I am praying for a quick recovery for your daughter.
    I haven't seen your previous post yet....so off I go to check it out!
    Sending you hugs and love
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear your daughter's ear is infected again. I defiantely would look into that nad have it changed. The doctor should have been very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and I can understand your frustration...I hope she feels better really really really soon
    Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete