Not ready

I'm totally not ready for this.

Sure, my daughter is already 18, so I've been I've been through this before....

But seriously.....

I'm NOT READY!

One day, my beautiful baby boy is innocently playing with Lego's and video games. (Seriously, he was playing with Lego's and videos on Saturday.)

The next day....

OK, let me start at the beginning.

My son is 10. Or 10 and 1/2, as he would be happy to point out to you.

My son has a cell phone. We got it for him when we changed phone plans and it's only 10 dollars a month and HE pays for it with his own money. (Not that I have to justify this with all of you...but I'm just saying....)

On Sunday, he had a friend come over to spend the night. They were in the bedroom playing when his phone went off. It was a text message.

As any nosey caring mother would do, I read it.

In my defense, I didn't recognize the phone number!

Anyway, I read the text. There wasn't much to read, it just said, "are you there?"

Well, I started looking at the other texts, because again, I didn't recognize the number.

Alarm bells started going off when I saw a text that had a nickname for the little man.

I won't give the real name, but let's just say your name is Terry. Someone might call you Ter-bear.

TER-BEAR?

Who is calling my son this lovey dovey name? My 10 year old son?

Well, I had to question the little man. This was serious business. I called the little man into the room and asked him whose phone number that was. He said it was a "friend". Which friend, I wanted to know.

A girl from my class.

A what?

A girl?

O. M. G.

*cue mom fainting in the kitchen*

The little man thought nothing of it and immediately went back to playing. I, on the other hand, starting having heart palpation's.

After I recovered from my initial shock, I did what any nosey curious mother would do and I read all the other texts that this slut girl had sent my son. Who was this harlot girl that was calling my son cute nicknames?

Of course I then got out the class picture to see if this whore girl was cute.

She's OK....I guess.

The next day, my son was texting again. Now, let me just tell you about the Little man. He's not much of a texter. As smart as he is, he's a one word guy. So while the scankgirl was using all the latest texting lingo like, What R U doin :). My son was texting back things like, Huh, ya, no, and the ever popular OK.

Turns out, the harlot girl asked my son to the movies.

My son, going to the movies with a....a....a....girl!

So Bossman took him to the movies. There wasn't just ONE girl. Sure, the slut girl was there, but she brought her posse.

My son, my baby, the love of my life....went to the movies with THREE girls.

When did my son become a Pimp Daddy?

~sigh~

Did I mention that my son rode his bike to school by himself for the first time today?

Like I said...

I'm totally not ready for this.

13 comments:

  1. You're never ready. Ever. I learned that when my phone died and I asked to borrow the teenager's. He's 14. Uhm... the background pic was Megan Fox. Don't really know who she is, but damn, she's hot. And her bikini clad ass (and boobs) was on my baby's cell phone. Hubby laughed, the teenager blushed. I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHAHA!

    Ray went through the same thing; multiple girls, too.

    You already know this but be SURE they leave their door open if they all troop into his room. It's not your Little Man; it's those wh--, I mean... girls.

    Srsly. They have no shame.

    Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not be ready, but he is,lol.

    He's having fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. lalana...thank you for your sympathy. I knew someone out there would understand!

    AMBER! It's NOT funny! LOL

    ~sigh~ When did girls get so aggressive?

    Don't worry....there will be NO girls going into his room for at least a.....

    Ah hell, what the heck do I know? He'll probably be bringing home his harem today. I think I should just remove the whole door!

    BTW, he seems very nonchalant about the whole thing. All I keep hearing is "Oh MOM! We are just FRIENDS!" My poor little man, he doesn't have a CLUE! LMAO!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, you posted the same time I did.

    He better NOT be ready!

    ~sigh~

    Ok, I'm NOT ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace,
    I think with your sense oh humor you will be able to cope. Talking about the door reminded of hearing a guy once talking about his rules for his teenager and the opened bedroom door. After finding it closed once there was a serious warning. After the second rule violation the teenager came home to a bedroom with a missing door. The door was returned after a week during which the lesson was learned, "it is not the teen's door, it's mom and dad's."
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Grace:
    You are a fantastic writer, I was laughing out loud, but I had tears in my eyes too. I have already told my 12 year old baby grandson, that he cannot date til he's 20, many many times. He just smiles at me, but doesn't say anything at all!
    These babies....they just grow up way too fast.
    Great great post.
    Thank you
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I know, I should show sympathy but you know me. I could tell you tell of note I have found that would curl your hair!! And the are all written by the girls. You're right - the boy has NO idea what he is getting into.

    But as usual this can be blamed on your husband. Your son has inherited Bossman's good look and it's going to be a long 10 years for you!!

    Love you girl!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I have no words of wisdom for you...my eldest is five so we have a little ways to go. I do however know that everything will be fine... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Grace!
    All my girls were 18 and through school into uni before they got boyfriends! And, my boys never had girlfriends til they left school... at least, so far...my youngest is 17, still in school, to date, no girlfriend... I guess all mine are late starters! Sympathetic hugs to you! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the opposite perspective, my 5-year-old baby was proposed to by an older man... he asked me if it was okay if he married her, too, unless he "finds someone he likes better". And he gave her a valentine where he had very carefully written "I love you" by himself.

    The older man is 6, and that makes him so *fascinating*. Not to mention smart and fast. (Cute is overrated, as of yet, but he's that too.) Also, they enjoy digging up earthworms together, which makes them compatible enough for any boy.

    His father and I discovered this together when my 5-year-old and his 6-year-old had a race through the park. When the old parents caught up, the future zoologists were digging in a mud puddle so that they could make a safe 'home' for the family of worms they had collected. My daughter told me quite seriously that she was better at taking care of the worms than he was, but he had helped.

    After two hours of sheer playground heaven, I had to undress my 5-year-old in the parking lot or take my car and have the upholstery cleaned. Seriously.

    Am I looking forward to having a son-in-law?

    Not exactly yet. I still have to remind her to close her mouth when she chews.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to comment to Sparkle's story and say that is so cute...but yes, I understand - I would really love for my own to get over nose picking and sleeping throughout the night without a pull up on before they begin dating :-) Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nick, we have employed removal of the door with my daughter...it was a lesson she never forgot. Although, it didn't involve a boy.

    AG, yes, they grow up way too fast!

    Pk, you are suppose to be making me feel better.

    Terps, your eldest may be 5, but trust me, 10 is just around the corner!

    Daisy, how did you get so lucky?

    Sparkle, an "older" man, after your baby? OMG! I don't even know how you survived! But, what a cute story! I do remember my son in 2nd grade having a "love" interest with a cute little girl from russia. They exchanged stuffed animals. At the time, I thought it was all innocent, but now I'm beginning to wonder....LOL

    Terps, mine loves to "poke is brain" and then, just to gross out his big sister, EAT THEM...EWWWW!

    Just thinking about that makes me shutter!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete